Our local Primary School has a very strong link with the church in Leek Wootton. Historically, the original school for the village was opened by the vicar in 1777. In the 19th century, it moved first to ‘Reading Room Cottage’ on Church Lane, and then to the ‘Old School’ (now two houses) on Warwick Road opposite the Recreation Ground. Click (or use the menu link) for a slideshow of the ‘Save our School’ campaign in the 1990s.
In 1996, the new building was opened and the new school became ‘Voluntary Aided‘ and took on the name “All Saints”
In 2014, All Saints School entered into a Federation with Burton Green School, a Church of England ‘Voluntary Controlled‘ school 5 miles away, and formed the ‘Green Leek Federation’. The Headteacher and Governing Body were responsible for both schools, although each school retained its autonomy.
In 2018, both schools within the Federation converted to Academy Status ‘Converter Academies‘ and became part of the Diocese of Coventry Multi-Academy Trust.
The vicar is currently the vice-chair of Governors, and the PCC nominate one of the three other Foundation Governors (the other two nominated by the PCCs of St Nicholas, Kenilworth and St John the Baptist, Westwood Heath, as these churches share the pastoral care of the Burton Green area and are both involved in the life of Burton Green Academy).